Wednesday, March 21, 2012

#6 - Reem Acra, Fall 2012

Reem Acra has always been one of my favorite designers and not just because she's an FIT alum! Ever since I started tuning into awards shows and saw celebrities like Olivia Wilde, Eva Longoria, and Taylor Swift wearing her gorgeous designs, I have been obsessed. She has always been able to showcase femininity, elegance, and sexiness all in one- which I think is very important. However, her Fall 2012 runway collection definitely showed some edge- and it made me love her designs even more! Her entire collection was very sleek, as the models sported slicked back pony tails and smoky eyes. There was a lot of leather which I absolutely loved; no matter what anyone says, leather will always have a special place in my fashion filled heart. Accents of sequins, cut outs, and fur were present; her color pallet consisted of black, golds, silvers, and browns. It just had an overwhelming feel of sexiness and strength- but she still kept it feminine! It was hard to pick favorites because I adore EVERY look, but here are some:


                       

 Check out this awesome video of her collection! She keeps the music simple and sleek, just like the models- hoping the attention would be drawn in by the ornate detail and precise silhouettes! And you can be sure that is exactly what happens!



No comments:

Post a Comment